Since the end of the 17th century, the place where Villa Lucini stands today belonged to the nobleman Innocente Gemelli.
"In 1692, Monticello was granted as a fief to the nobleman Bartolomeo Gemelli, who established a residence next to the church of San Rocco in a U-shaped building (now Villa Gerli, Editor's Note) with a courtyard facing the street and an extensive Italian garden, created by his son Innocente."
(from Angelo Borghi, Il medio corso dell'Adda. Sacralizzazioni strutture della memoria, Oggiono, Cattaneo, 1999, p. 91.)